Ogles assumed office on January 3, 2023.
Ogles has declared his intention to run for re-election in the 2024 Republican Primary Election, which will occur on August 1, 2024.
Ogles was born in Nashville, Davidson County, Tenn., June 18, 1971. Ogles lives his wife, Monica, live on a farm in Culleoka with their three children, Adley, Drew, and Isaac. He is a Maury county native with deep family roots in Tennessee dating back to the founding of the state.
Ogles serves on the the following U.S. House committees:
- Committee on Financial Services
- Financial Institutions and Monetary Policy
- National Security, Illicit Finance, and International Financial Institutions
- Oversight and Investigations
- Graduated from Franklin High School, Franklin, Tenn.
- Graduated with a Batchelor’s Degree in Political Science at Middle Tennessee State University.
Political Career Prior to Congress
- Presidential campaign staff of Newt Gingrich.
- Mayor of Maury County, Tenn.
- State Director of Americans for Prosperity Tennessee
- Executive Director of the Laffer Center, which advises the White House and multiple governors on tax policy.
- COO of Abolition International, overseeing operations and investments in 12 countries to fight human trafficking.
- H.R.4630 — To amend the Federal Reserve Act to remove the designation of one of the members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System as the “Vice Chairman for Supervision”, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4299 – To prohibit the obligation or expenditure of Federal funds for certain forms that offer an option other than Male or Female to reference the sex of an individual, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4298 – To prohibit public elementary and secondary schools that receive Federal education funds from hosting or facilitating the hosting of sexualized performances, and for other purposes.
- H.R.4181 – To designate the area between the intersections of International Drive, Northwest and Van Ness Street, Northwest and International Drive, Northwest and International Place, Northwest in Washington, District of Columbia, as “Tiananmen Square Memorial Boulevard”, and for other purposes.
- H.R.3529 – FIRE Act
- H.R.3528 – ZIPPO Act
- H.R.3527 – MATCH Act
- H.R.3191 – Defund the OTF Act of 2023
- H.R.2991 – TEACH Act of 2023
- H.R.2776 – Go Woke, Go Broke Act
- H.R.2737 – Stop the Invasion Act
- H.R.2721 – Ukraine Lend-Lease Accountability Act
- H.R.2511 – Defund China’s Allies Act
- H.R.2440 – Covenant School Heroes Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R.943 – It’s Your Fault Act
- H.R.812 – Inflation Reduction Act of 2023
- H.Res.494 – Impeaching Kamala Devi Harris, Vice President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors
- H.Res.493 – Impeaching President Joseph Robinette Biden, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
- H.Res.448 – Recognizing and honoring Daniel Penny of West Islip, New York, for his heroism and courage in apprehending a threat to public safety.
- H.Res.336 – Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the House should recognize Robert Aitken’s Bible as a historical document of the United States Congress.
- H.Amdt.229 – An amendment numbered 25 printed in House Report 118-142 to strike section 1224 of the bill, which extends lend-lease authority to Ukraine.
- H.Amdt.170 -An amendment numbered 2 printed in House Report 118-37 to clarify that the term “athletic programs and activities” includes any activities a recipient chooses to restrict only to members of a team.
- H.Amdt.162 – An amendment numbered 31 printed in Part B of House Report 118-30 to provide that any entity subject to the jurisdiction of the Government of the Peoples Republic of China, or any entity that is owned by the Government of the Peoples Republic of China may not acquire any interest with respect to lands leased for oil or gas under the Mineral Leasing Act, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, and may not acquire claims subject to the General Mining Law of 1872.
- H.Amdt.161 – An amendment numbered 30 printed in Part B of House Report 118-30 to express the Sense of Congress that the royalty rate for onshore Federal oil and gas leases be 12.5%.
- H.Amdt.107 – An amendment numbered 8 printed in House Report 118-7 to revise the civil penalty for senior government officials to be $50,000.
- H.Amdt.106 – An amendment numbered 7 printed in House Report 118-7 to revise the disciplinary action consisting of removal, reduction in grade, debarment from federal employment for a period not to exceed 10 years, suspension, or reprimand.
Ogles’ Congressional District Map
Endorsements for Congress
- House Freedom Fund
- Financial talk show host Dave Ramsey.
- Buddy Dyer: Orlando’s Mayor Quimby - September 27, 2023
- Tennessee Sen. Blackburn Demands HHS Answers on Missing Migrant Children - September 26, 2023
- Florida Man Arrested for Vandalizing LGBTQ Murals - September 14, 2023